Dental Implants Queens, NY
Dental implant specialists at Park Dental Care of New York. We offer dental implants procedures in our Astoria, New York office. Implant dentistry is a state-of-the-art tooth restoration option that is attractive, comfortable and permanent. Dental implants can restore full oral functioning and aesthetics following tooth loss due to decay, injury, extraction, periodontal disease or other conditions. Missing teeth not only diminish the attractiveness of a smile, but can cause difficulties with speaking and eating, and can lead to movement of remaining teeth.
Dental implants provide long-term or permanent anchoring of crowns, dental bridges or dentures while offering the added benefit of helping to halt bone loss in the jaw. They are as comfortable as real teeth and look completely natural.
We offer the convenience of one-stop dental implant procedures in Astoria, Queens. With an oral surgeon on staff, patients of Park Dental Care can have their dental implant, as well as their subsequent tooth restoration (crown, bridge or dentures), completed right in the comfort of our Astoria dental office. This offers convenience and comfort for our patients.
Dental Implants Benefits
There are numerous benefits to dental implants in comparison to other tooth restoration options, including:
- Permanence – Once dental implants are in place and have healed, a crown, bridge or dentures can be permanently secured to the titanium implant.
- Comfort – Since replacement teeth are permanently anchored to the jaw with dental implants, the teeth feel completely natural and as comfortable as real teeth.
- Aesthetics – Restorations incorporating the use of dental implants look just like natural teeth.
- Bone strength – When teeth are lost, the bone that supported those teeth can begin to atrophy and weaken over time. If left unchecked, this process (called resorption) can cause the jawbone to become unstable and can lead to further tooth loss. Dental implants stimulate new bone growth around the implant, strengthening the bone structure.
- Tooth alignment – Tooth restorations attached to dental implants prevent teeth from shifting, maintaining alignment.
- Flexibility – Dental implants can be used to replace one or more missing teeth in any location in the mouth.
Dental Implant Procedures
Dental implant placement typically requires two office visits. During the first visit, a titanium implant is secured in the jawbone by our on-staff oral surgeon following administration of a local anesthetic. For those that are nervous about the process, we also offer sleep sedation dental implant procedures. Sleep sedation implant dentistry reduces any anxiety associated with placement of the dental implant.
During a healing period lasting 4 -6 months, the titanium dental implant naturally osseointegrates with the surrounding bone material, forming a stable anchor point. Once the area is completely healed, a second office visit is required during which a long-term crown, bridge or denture will be fastened to the dental implant to create a durable, attractive and fully functional restoration. Prior to this visit, an impression will need to be made in order to custom fabricate the restoration.
If you are interested in learning more about dental implant procedures in our Astoria, Queens dental office, contact us today at 718-274-1515.
Dental Implants in Queens, NY
Park Dental Care has been providing a full range of dental services, including options such as dental implants, since the 1960′s. Dr. Gene Caiafa, Jr. is continuing the tradition of quality dental care begun by his father, Dr. Gene Caiafa, Sr. in a state-of-the-art family dental practice on Ditmars Boulevard in Astoria, Queens NY.
Dental Implant Financing and Payment Options
We offer dental implants without dental insurance in Queens, NY. For patients with no dental insurance, or whose dental insurance does not cover dental implant procedures, Park Dental Care provides affordable payment solutions and dental implant financing options to cover the cost of dental implants.
NYC Dental Implant Patients
We are conveniently located in Astoria, Queens, NY, just one block from the N & Q subway lines (at the Astoria-Ditmars Blvd. stop). Only seven subway stops from midtown Manhattan, our Queens dental office location is also easily accessible to patients traveling from Manhattan, Brooklyn and throughout NYC.